1. Obama's stated purpose of getting someone "with empathy" onto the Supreme Court, undermining the rule of law. Sorry, the Court is all about the law, not about empathy.
2. Sotomayor's stated view of the bench as a place for making policy--not its actual purpose of applying the law.
3. Sotomayor's belief that her race and sex make her a better judge of the law than others. (try that if you're a white male...um....DON'T!)
4. Sotomayor's 60% reversal rate in the Supreme Court (probably to become 67% when the case she ruled on regarding discrimination against white firefighters gets there).
5. Sotomayor's history as a Schumer nominee (Schumer forced Bush to accept his nominees to get Bush's through) and a Clinton nominee.
6. Sotomayor's position on the 2nd Amendment, directly contradicted by the Heller decision and the plain text of the 2nd Amendment.
Anyone out there have some more? Really, any one of these ought to derail her nomination, and #2 and #3 really ought to result in impeachment hearings, not a Supreme Court nomination.
Write your senators.
Good church in Gainesville, Florida? - Just received this e-mail from a reader and I wonder if other readers have any suggestions for her? Please make them in the comments and she'll keep a wa...
1 hour ago